Verbs practice 1
CONFUSING WORDS (4)
appointment/date back/backside been/gone borrow/lend
critic/review felt/fell fit/suit it’s/its
lose/loose much/many quite/quiet shade/shadow
whose/who’s your/you‘re passed/past
the correct verb to finish the sentences.
- It’s hot, let’s sit in the ________.
can’t talk to Tom, he’s ________.
- Did the parade go ________ your
- Rob’s an arts ________.
- Sam tripped and fell on his ________.
- My new book got a terrible ________
in the newspaper.
- I ________ sick so I went home.
- Ask Bob, he’s got lots of money, he’ll ________
- Ron ________ down a hole and broke his leg.
- I’ll have to ________some money from the bank
to buy a new car.
- ________ shoe is undone.
- He’s _________ rich.
- Yellow doesn’t ________me.
- How ________ people were at the party?
- Did you make an ________ with the doctor?
- Jill’s got a ________ with her new boyfriend
- Put the address on the ________ of the parcel
- A clever dog knows ________ place.
- Did you ________ again?
- That suit is too big, it doesn’t ________ you.
- ________ time to go.
- Your trousers are very ________.
- How ________ do you know about cars?
- ________ friend are you?
- ________ driving you home?
- ________ an idiot.
- John ________ his test first time.
- Have you ever ________ to the pyramids in
- The trees cast a long ________ over the lawn.
- You’re very ________? Is something bothering